- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counselling and health teaching.
- Provide care according to the established care plan; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Provide care in accordance with the standards in the CAFCN National Competencies for Advanced Nursing Foot Care document (Education to meet this requirement can be provided)
- Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices while specifically adhering to care standards as it relates to foot care and diabetic foot care.
- Maintain and update your own scheduled according to availability
- Must be comfortable with LTC and Memory Care clientele
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Foot Care Certificate with hands on training completed
- Professional Liability Insurance (RPNAO, RNAO or equivalent)
- Must have own at least 6-10 sets (including podiatry drill – no Dremel )
- Must have own reliable transportation (vehicle)
- Must have access and ability to use a smartphone/computer/tablet
- Must have vulnerable sector check and updated TB test
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $60.00 /hour ( per person pay )
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with approx. number of days available Contact # 613-440-3338
Immediate opening for Tuesday and Thursday Evening 2-7 and Q other Saturday 09-2pm